One of my goals has always been to invent a board game based on the deep sea and lore around pirates. Finding enough inspiration and creativity to combine all the elements of what I was aspiring to create was the toughest challenge.
I wanted a sleek and stylish board, preferably glass. With simple rules and instructions for anybody to join in on the fun. For family game night or friendly game night. The design came to me after trying different textures and styles until what I wanted clicked. A board that truly represents and portrays the fun game I always wanted to not only make but to play.
This game is in the early stages as far as board game pieces being sold separately but the rules are set in stone. You could use any board game piece up to 7-players. Only requiring one six-sided die. If other people are looking for a reason to bust out those six-sided die in their crown royal pouches they now have a fantastic reason.
I have plans to take this game digital and beyond! Stay subscribed here for updates. Without further ado I bring you, Captain’s Curse! Sold in my Etsy store now!
Original tabletop game designed on a glass cutting board for multiple and durable use. Available in two sizes: 8″ x 11″ and 11″ x 15″. Up to 7-players! Dice and game board game pieces sold-separately! This is an awesome family game that makes those six-sided dice you have been hanging on to cool again!
Official Game Instructions
- Players start behind Red Beard the Pirate along the half squares or docks top to bottom.
- To win a player must move their board piece to the last square across the board from the starting point.
- Players move east unless instructed otherwise.
- Each turn players cast one six-sided die.
- After a player’s first turn, if they cast a die higher then spaces allowed, they move west one space, i.e., backwards.
- If a player rolls a six, they lose their next turn.
- If a player lands on an octopus or shark they are shipwrecked and lose.
- If a player lands on a cannon they move two spaces whichever way the cannon is facing. NE, SW, etc., Unless they run into another player first.
- If a player runs into another player, they must each roll any six-sided die and whoever has the bigger number wins. Ties must be repeated until a victor is declared.
- If a player lands on an anchor they lose their next turn.
- If a player lands on a pirate ship they are shipwrecked and lose.
- If a player lands on Red Beard the Pirate, he throws you 5 paces to the east and you lose your next turn.
- If a player lands on the sauce bottle of The Last Sauce watermark they slide to victory.
.: Comes in 2 sizes: (8″ × 11″) (20.3cm × 27.9cm) or (11″ × 15″) (27.9cm × 38.1cm)
.: Tempered glass material with a textured surface
.: Four rubber dots for additional stability
.: NB! Hand wash recommended
2 thoughts on “I Created a Board Game”
This is such a fun and creative game! I love the idea of a sleek glass board and the simple rules that make it accessible for anyone to play. It’s great to see the game is in the early stages of development and it’s exciting that there are plans to take it digital. I can’t wait to try out Captain’s Curse!